New This Week!
ReadingCheckout The MarTech Weekly, a new weekly newsletter from Down Under! Published every Sunday by Juan Mendoza, marketing technology strategist at The Lumery, MTW covers the latest news, research, and important work in marketing tech. Why the C-Suite Needs Marketing Operations. An excellent post by Dr. Debbie Qaqish of the Pedowitz Group Take a look at the fantastic salary guide for Demand Gen, Digital Marketing and MOPs positions from Wesley Leiser, Practice Director for Demand Gen and Marketing Technology at Versique. LinkedIn has published a great guide for creating a thought leadership position on their platform.
SurveysHelp your fellow MarTech professionals from MarTech Today, Hubspot, MO Pros, and Plannuh by taking a few minutes to answer their survey questions. We’ll all benefit from the data they collect. “State of the MO Pro” Survey from MO Pros and Hubspot The MarTech Replacement Survey from MarTech Today Operational Marketing Index from Plannuh
Our Daily Pick of Articles
- CMSWire: 5 Skills Contact Center Employees Need Beyond Empathy
- MarTech Today: The importance of defining “done” in agile marketing
- MarTech Zone: A Guide To The Types and Tools To Start Creating Online Video Courses
- MarketingTech: The six biggest myths holding back insight-driven businesses
- MarTech Series: 3 Key Email Marketing Trends To Keep In Mind for The Rest Of 2021!
- MarketingDive: How brands are fumbling sustainability — and how they can get it right
- SalesTech Star: If You Love Your Customers, Set Them Free
- Search Engine Land: Customize your email marketing with the power of personalization
- MARTEHCUBE: Bruce Clay to Host ‘The 3 Reasons an SEO Project Fails’
- MarTech Vibe: How Livestream Shopping is Breaking the Boundaries of Luxury Retail
The Impact of New Technology
Posted by Charlie Saunders, Co-Founder of CS2 on LinkedIn, this chart is a simple yet effective representation of what happens when more tools are added to the MarTech Stack and highlights the need to add resources as stacks increase in complexity. Charlie says “Yes, some tech out there makes MOps’ jobs easier but 99% of the time more tech adds complexity. Exponentially. With each tool you need to think about: implementation, integrations, order of operations, data flow, data sync, legacy issues to work around, day-to-day management, maintenance, troubleshooting, training, onboarding, and adoption. And that’s why the #1 reason for new tool implementation failure is lack of human power and resources.” Find Charlie on LinkedIn, catch him on his podcast, FWD: Thinking, or check out what he does at CS2 Marketing.
This Week’s Feature
The Real Story Group MarTech Vendor Map
The Real Story Group does an amazing job looking at functional areas of MarTech through the lens of a Subway Map. They’ve just released this year’s MarTech Vendor Stack Vendor Map.Join Tony on April 14th for a rapid tour of key marketplace themes, based on the very latest version of RSG’s famous “Vendor Subway Map.” Learn how to guide your future MarTech stack investments toward supporting omnichannel needs, and what this means for content, data, decisions, and operations. If you manage your Marketing or DX/CX tech stack, this is a must-see educational session.
New Product Spotlight
Touchcast unveiled their AI-powered virtual events platform and what once took days of pre- and post-production, can now be done in real time.
DoControl introduced a fully automated SaaS security platform, providing data access monitoring, orchestration, and remediation across major SaaS applications.